Fall is coming quickly in Nashville, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the perfect time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a strong impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to think about when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are several ways to make levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Nashville a call at 615-348-8786 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!