In the past year, kitchen remodeling has been a top project for remodelers and it’s a great way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before ripping out your floors and tearing down your kitchen cabinets. Follow these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Conduct research to ensure the contractor you’ve selected is qualified for the job. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor has the lowest bid.
- Consider your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a particular finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Figure out what the most sensible floor plan would be for your kitchen space. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that matches your needs and the needs of your house. What do you want to get out of the space? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to pull out when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most important things about your new kitchen. Be sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen functioning efficiently for years to come.
- Forget stick with the budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are worth the most to you. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you imagine you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important parts of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 615-348-8786, visit our Nashville showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you choose the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.