The cold season is fast approaching in Nashville and when the temperature gets colder, the utility bills can often get higher. There are a lot of things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial in every season, here are several of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Nashville winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money in your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can sneak in and influence your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella of Nashville professionals a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to create a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to come into your home. Consult with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Nashville.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Nashville a call at 615-348-8786 or visit our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.